Hey.. Haha. Been a while, huh? Yeah I have a reason for that. I am a human like us all, and I fell off the band wagon. We all do it, even celebs. I lost my momentum, fell off the horse, slipped on the banana peel. But I’m back, baby, with a vengeance!
And just so it happens… I’ve developed an Autumnal-Inspired series on salads; this is the first of a few recipes I’m going to develop to capture the turn of summer to autumn! I’m naming it Last of the Summer Salads: And there will be one a week over the next three weeks! So here is #1: My Roasted Butternut Squash and Green Lentil Salad with a Smoked Paprika Balsamic Dressing.
The best thing about this salad for me, aside from the warming flavours; is that it’s SO QUICK AND EASY to make. I literally rocked up from work so damn hangry I couldn’t wait long for a meal.Patience wasn’t an option. I just threw the squash in and then built the salad from there, choosing ingredients which would compliment each other.
And to top it all off, the dressing is just bottled balsamic, with smoked paprika powder and fresh ground pepper. I’m a real human being and I can’t always make my own dressings… especially not when hangry. And I mean HANGRY. I was f-ing anf blinding at bell peppers and baking trays. I couldn’t be tamed.
So I won’t bore your hungry selves with blabber, here it is, ya’ll xox
- A bowlful of mixed leaf salad
- 1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Can of Green Lentils
- Handful of Green Olives (I used ones from a jar!)
- 130g Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Peel and chop the squash into chunks, drizzle in olive oil, and toss in 1 teaspoon each of smoked paprika and oregano. Roast at 200 degrees for 30 mins.
- Mix 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar with a teaspoon of smoked paprika and some fresh black pepper and set aside.
- Chop the bell pepper into cubes and mix into the salad leaves along with the olives (chopped).
- When the squash is done, leave to cool for a few minutes then mix into the salad. Drizzle a much dressing as you like on top and enjoy!